Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday blahs

No pics tonight, but there was nothing worth taking a pic of except snow... and I am tired of it. Today we went to the dump, always a thrill and today was more so! Apparently the 4X4 has an electrical system issue and we made it to the dump & back by getting jump started 4 different times, what a joy that was as neither of us had a coat and there was a fair amount of wind chill factor in the air... But at least our next dump run should be when it is much warmer, like March or April.

I got more Christmas stuff put away, there is still more to go... And I am taping all the boxes nice and tight since we are wanting to be someplace warm next Christmas. Mr. Grumpy has December 28th on off. Tomorrow is a 6 AM shift at Lowe's, still cannot figure out why they need someone in a garden center in winter at that hour??? But it means getting off at 3PM which should give me time to put away more Christmas... Fellow staffers are saying there are rumours of layoffs already so I count myself lucky to be fulltime...kinda... By next winter I think those with jobs might be the privaliged few in America. Plant, grow, can.

Shocked Mr. Grumpy today by watching the Superbowl, he had never seen me watch any sporting thang before... I lost all interest when they stopped the locker room interviews, go figure... But we had chips and beer and guac and slasa and pizza and more beer, just regular guys. It was not all that thrilling as both teams were yankees. But it did give me a chance to catch up on some gardening magazines!

On the real estate front both Pam and I wrote offers on Saturday so perhaps next month I will not have to feed the company... it took almost all my Lowe's paycheck on Friday...sigh... And we are getting close(r) to having an actual office!

So it is off to bed for the Kevbear as the alarm is set for 4:00AM... should have checked that lottery ticket today!

2 comments:

High Desert Living said...

Gee, if I had known you were home on Sunday, would have had you over for the game. What's up with Mr G's car being there and yours not? Has he been sick or just so many days off? We missed you when we went in to get cedar fence boards and no one could find a price for them........ Wanna a blue bird nesting box? And how 'bout the pile o' shit? Any word?
Miss you guys!

High Desert Living said...

a week and a half without an entry - shame on you! Too busy putting away Christmas, huh?