Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring?

So I survived the ordeal of the 2-11 shift last night and it was with one of my fav managers so that was cool. It is the shift I asked to be put on so I could do real estate in the AM's and be at the new office! But so far no change on the schedule.And this morning was real estate after the wake up ritual which actually starts at night before sleepkins...
So the Kevbear awakened at 7:30 and grabbed the java, can't remember if Mr. Grumpy said goodbye (but I'm sure he did!) and let the monsters out. One of them threw up on my pillow during the night so once that was discovered I hit the shower fast! God only knows what they had eaten.

Got back to the house after meeting with some clients and went down to the garden in hopes of asparagus... nope... but the horseradish is making a strong appearance. Too bad it is such a looser looking plant... And then I hit the orchard to check out the buds. Nectarines are gettin' ready!
And the peaches are trying to get there too...
The pears are lagging behind... Which is a good thing! Cherries are even further behind and the apples haven't even started thinking about budding. So what it looks like is nectarines & peaches will get hit by a late frost (usual) and we will get none. Cherries, apples and pears we will have for this season... Now I need to find my list from last fall of which varieties of fruit trees I decided to add this spring so I can get out and buy them!
It is supposed to hit 60 today so we will be busy in the garden center... still glad I have the paying job as things are just going downhill in the country under that idiot faster then even I thought. Happy trails kids... and you know which kind I mean (wink, wink) that is definitely what I consider a happy trail! And he would make a great little helper in the garden!
Time for the Kevbear to be comin' outta hibernation for sure! And we even have the first official blossom on a forsythia out in the garden!
Maybe he would like to be a gardener... it will be time to start interviews for a garden helper soon... should we consider... Someone who will not have to worry about a sunburn? Ahhhh spring...

No comments: