Friday, April 18, 2008

Enough

Not sure if I will post this tonight or tomorrow but for the record it is 9:30PM, Friday night. From the previous post you will note that I was in a great mood to be spending a night with Mr. Grumpy and the doggies (kids) and not working at a ball busting job. For those of you at Lowe's that read this blog please understand that I like almost all folks I work with, but hate the company and what it represents of corporate America... every box says "made in china". 'Nough said...

Tonight instead of the great steak & shrimp dinner that was planned, I spent the evening holding a sobbing Randy (that is Mr. Grumpy to you dear reader). You see today he once again had to serve another family with a 10 day notice (3 this week) that they have lost their home. FUCK YOU BUSH ADMINISTRATION. I am sure that will trigger some sort of undercover audit... But I am wondering in this age where 22,000 AMERICANs lose their homes each week how we can have such a limp dick government that is FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE and yet lets this happen. TIME TO REBEL AGAIN COUNTRYMEN... it is not the British this time it is corporations.

Our country has been sold out by an administration that has nothing to do with the people and is all about corporate profits... I am very pissed... Mr. Grumpy does not sob, he is one tough cookie. But tonight he broke, and I am fuckin' pissed. He sobbed in my arms while he told me of the tears and sobs he endures when he serves these final papers and people become homeless. And today I heard of the woman who stood there and sobbed while signing his register on what was once a dream as she and her 3 kids (and a husband) became another AMERICAN statistic. FUCK YOU BUSH ADMINISTRATION. Enough...

I am not sure what I as one man can do, I promised him I would do something. What I thought of was offering free real estate services to anyone in trouble that I could possibly help. It is not enough, but it got him to sleep in a world that has gone wrong... See he has always believed in this country, I was the skeptic... it is why I insisted we be married in Canada 5 years ago, we both felt AMERICA and it's promises had failed us.

I could really use some advice here folks. What do you tell someone that is doing their job for the government as a postal worker (that denies them benefits as a gay man) and has broken under the strain of helping evict people out of their homes.
It was the AMERICAN DREAM... it is now a fuckin' nightmare... I am pissed...
No hot guys pics, no life is wonderful... because right now our fellow citizens are being evicted and are out on the streets, what can I do... help me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Mr. Grumpy, we have no idea what it must be like to face individuals in such dire straights. We just hear about it on the news and they remain faceless. There is an assistance program they can go to located in Central Oregon for Legal and Education advice. They don't just have to lay down and let it happen to them. Also educate individuals so they don't let themselves get in that situation in the first place.

High Desert Living said...

OK - contact me - or I'll email you - about something we can do on Saturday - not a lot, but something. I'm willing to help you and Mr G with whatever you can come up with - or, lets get together and hash it out.I'm fed up, too. Seems like all we do is complain and not really do anything about it. Let's move on it! ACTION!