Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tree Update!

This weekend was the push to get the outside of the house done and we succeeded. It is fantabulous and there will be pics somewheres down the road. All the lights are linked to music (thank you Mr. Grumpy for that!) and it is really cool... A WARNING... This year I have crossed a line that I considered tacky and there are some inflatables in the yard... Now on to the tree...

About 4 Christmas's ago we had our usual beautiful live (read cut down) tree that Kevbear had searched everywhere for. On Christmas Eve day half the needles had fallen off and we had a Christmas Eve party planned! Good friend Linda stepped in when she heard and offered the use of an artificial tree she was not using... that day I took everything off the tree and by 5:00 PM when people were do to show up I was just putting the last of the ornaments back on the new tree. So we were sold and after Christmas Mr. Grumpy went online and bought us a beautiful PVC tree, it has pineycones even! So here are the transformation pics...

Day 1 assemble all 3000 individual tree pieces...

End of day 1 put 10,000 lights on tree to make it more Kevbear...

Start of week 1 dig out 20,000 ornaments in 1,000 boxes from Christmas Storage Facility and start bringing in the holiday spirit!...
End of week two... think you have enough on the tree...
Sunday evening (end of week two) find little tiny ornaments that you could not find and you think the tree has to have... (note to self, do not put ornament hooks away with empty boxes ever again)...

Here are a few of my favs...

Where we honeymooned...

How I feel about my Mr. Grumpy...
A snugly Kevbear as a cub...
Rocket ship Santa... (yes I put real candles on our tree!)
Paratrooper Santa...
Part of the eggs collection...
One of the little churches...
And last the NATIVITY that Kevbear's Grandma made for his very first Christmas... that I had looked everywhere for and found it in with all the outside decorations boxes (go figure)... So the rest of the day will be spent in finishing up the guest room decorations and the start of baking 10,000 Christmas Cookies and breads. I have given Mr. Grumpy a break this year (on strict orders!) and will not be making the den (land of Grumpisorious) and the master bathroom over into Christmas Magic lands like the rest of the house

1 comment:

High Desert Living said...

Finally!! I can get in the spirit. Somehow, I just couldn't until your lights went up outside. And the blowup dolls - how cute!
I would have commented when I got back from Salem Saturday night, but saw the post about I AM BOSSY (which I also regularly read...) and wasn't in the mood for frivolity.