Friday, October 5, 2007

It's Friday!

OK, first off I was wrong about the Wednesday night thing. I learned a lot and even went back Thursday for another 3 hour go and got to learn even more. Wednesday we covered S Corp vs C Corp and when you really need an LLC or a few LLC's. Thursday was retirement planning and protecting your estate... I know, I know it sounded boring but the attorney talking was a hottie so it kept my attention (and the bar was free). If I had my wits about me I would have snapped a pic with the cell phone, but alas no... maybe there is a website??? hmmm

Today was the day I was going to let Tom (boss Tom) know my plans on my future here. So I called, figured I would drive to the main office and talk. But no, he said " let's just talk now on the phone"... long of it is that I was planning on leaving the company at the end of the month... it is now next Friday that will be my last day. YIKES!!! I have never left a job without having a better offer accepted and in place, now I am at a place never experienced before. Yikes!!! Or to quote a guy in tights... "Holy Shit Batman!" But the time is now, the writing is on the wall and in this real estate market I cannot continue running an office that costs me $$$ each month out of my own pocket. This is a post that could use some comments folks (or a hint of tomorrow's POWERBALL #'s?). I did figure out by 10:00AM or so that the hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach was really a hollow feeling so I ate something...
And I know there is tomorrow and I will be fine, after all I have Mr. G at home that will support my good judgement...

And he is not really the monster I make him out to be...

And even tho I need to get out there and figure out what I am going to do for $$$ (com'on POWERBALL) it will give me some spare time to plan out my true passion at this time of year... yup Christmas decorating... Yesterday I had someone tell me how sad it was last year for them as we had no Christmas lights out... apparently folks really do look forward to my (insane) love of the holiday season. When I shared this with Mr. G last night night, how we made the holidays brighter for others... he pointed out they were not paying OUR power bill which doubles with the holiday season... sigh... and he wonders where he got his endearing nickname... Of course last year we were at the bestest place on earth (Disneyworld) where I was busy getting more ideas to spend $$$ on the power bill.

And I did get something of a tan AND even had a handlebar 'stache. Plus we returned with a Disney Christmas Tree!!! Which has never been put away, per Mr. G... and this is the guy that would not let me put twinkle lights on his ficus tree our first Christmas... another story, another time (probably the holidays).

No comments: