Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The News Sucks

For those of us in real estate todays news was not good... which makes me think that last weeks events were right on target. In a coming winter where agents don't know when they will see a person interested in buying a home it makes no sense to pay someone for a desk space and have to spend $$$ on manditory advertising to save the office face. The dining room table is very nice looking and does not charge me to sit at it! I would (of course) love to be off cruising someplace warm...And Mr. G is so happy and relaxed when we are cruising... you just know he must be smiling on the inside!
So even tho we are talking about using some of those 6 trips worth of frequent flyer miles and heading off to somewhere warm along with the rest of the migrations... we shall wait... And I am sure that by February we will want to be down in Puerto Rico for a few weeks of R&R.

Mr. G is heading out tomorrow with Mom (they love going off together) and even tho I am invited to go along I would like to get started on that damn woodpile and get the fall garlic planted. Also there are hundreds of potatoes that need to get dug up! The weather reports are looking more like winter and less like an indian summer at this point... Plus those of you who read this (and never post comments) know I am firmly in the mind that things will keep going downhill in our nation and a garden is a very smart idea! And the burning season has started and we need to get the last of the dead trees and brush burned so I can plant the last of the fruit and nut trees. And there is always the chance that we will have too big a fire and the firemen will show up!

1 comment:

High Desert Living said...

I don't think we have any of those kind of firemen around here! Don't we wish!
As for the economy - I fully agree - and I don't think things will change much when "we" get into office - too much damage has already been done. Speaking of which - go inside (well, when I left you, you were outside...) and listen to Air America on your computer at noon - you'll love Randi!
Hope you get the wood done - and if you have too many potatoes.....