Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Changing of the Season

Actually went into town yesterday! As part of our eat local I had found we could buy direct from the dairy (thanks Eberhards!) and so for a minimum of $20 we can get local dairy from now on. Just doing a little bit more to help the environment out... As I try to kill 20 birds with one stone each trip to town I also stopped at Don & Pam's to donate the fall pumpkins to their deer food, just keep the deer at your end of the ranch!They all appear happy and well fed... and of course they all have names! And I got the stationary finalized for the business, something I kept forgetting to do...

And I stopped at the Christmas storage facility (Mom's garage) to get another load of stuff because it is the changing of the seasons...

Santas (Radko Cookie Jar Collection) boot out the fall decorations...

And the first nativity is starting to take shape... baby Jesus always looks so happy!
And then when I got home it was back to trying out this bread recipe which turned out as described and was very east to leave & forget while I ran into town...

I found the recipe in Mother Earth News, a reprint from the New York Times and it is here if you want to try it. I was very impressed, not quite sourdough... but good & crusty.

The weather has warmed to almost 40 so I will venture out and fill up the porch with more logs and try for a few runs of manure down to the garden today. I was a good boy and spent half the morning on real estate (work) stuff and the other half starting in on the hundreds of Christmas cards we send out each year.

And remember tomorrow is WESTIE WEDNESDAY! The hostess will be Victoria, sister to our last guest blogger...

No comments: