Thursday, November 29, 2007

Morning Commute

You just know it will be "one of those days" when you start off the morning commute and nothing seems to be going right. I cannot attribute it to "getting up on the wrong side of the bed" because I got up on the same side as always. My side is by the window (in case of gas?) and closer to the TV so when someone else is sound asleep I can click on a late movie and keep it low. Works about 25% of the time to get me to sleep and trust me the last thing you want to do at 2:00AM is wake someone who is (endearingly) called Mr. Grumpy!

So back to the commute thang... the drive thru was incredibly slow again this morning, they really need to get some quality illegals or something to get their shit together...
There were some people in front of me that just took their sweet-ass time placing their orders or somethang, it was just what I needed, to be late to the office again this week... Traffic was snarled to almost a standstill and at the rate things were moving I thought the boss was sure to have my ass for being late every morning this week... I snapped a pic of the snails pace of the traffic (since it was safe to take both hands off the wheel)...
I mean the walking dead in a zombie movie move faster then this mornings commute time! When I finally got to the office my desk was buried in work the co-workers had dumped on me, probably pissed them off cause I was late again. But hey I can take it on as long as I get a coffee break to replenish the java that runs thru my veins...
So I was getting down to it and it seemed like it could turn out to be a good day after all when the co-workers started yelling and snarling about something. I mean really, we have a 8-5 job here and these guys act like they have not a care in the world! There are deadlines folks... So being senior management I had to go get the crew settled back into a decent workplace attitude... And one old timer was just not going to get back to it until he got his tummy scratched! If the boss ever finds out what goes on here...
So I get the crew back to work and check out my daily planner to see where I have to be and what the secretary has (secretly) added to an already overbooked schedule... Sure enough the morning is booked solid but it looks like there might be a break about mid-day so I can go get a workout at the gym and grab a quick bite at this great bistro...
It is just up the block from the gym. I have really been trying to get a full regiment going at the gym and have told the secretary to leave me a good hour+ for it on my planner... There are soo many muscle groups that each need individual attention to keep your bod in the buff shape I maintain... So it is looking like I might be able to sqeeze in those crunches and lifts and get to my fav corner bistro when sure as shit it happens... Yuppers, get the morning back on track, get the co-workers back to the grind and I get hit with... yes, that's right... the end of year reports... And as the boss tosses 'em on top of my already overloaded day... He tells me he wants me to take some time over the weekend and have some ideas and projections on his desk (after I spend my sacred free time reviewing the reports) first thing Monday morning... For crying out loud! It's my birthday this weekend and I was planning (on getting hammered) on a quiet time with the bestest guy in the world! If I had half the brains God gave the neighbors turkeys (which survived Thanksgiving?) I would tell the boss to shove it, quit this job, start my own company and work at home!

2 comments:

High Desert Living said...

it's a good thing your slippers have good tread - I couldn't even go for my walk because the streets were so icy - your N neighbor drove the kids to the school bus as usual - reading or writing while she drove - had to move waaaay off the street to get out of the way! So, when I drove to town at 9:30, it was still pretty dicey in places - I like your commute better! And your co-workers are sure cute.
But, WHERE ARE THE LIGHTS???????????

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... Red Baron Deep Dish singles. I love those things 'cause they can satisfy a pizza craving after just minutes in the microwave.

I'm afraid to look at the nutrition label though.