Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day!

We had it easy this year, just Mom and us... no big deal... except it is a Kevbear function. But I was good, everyone asked me to keep it simple and I did. I did not polish the silver for 3 days prior to T-Day. I did not go over the entire house making sure everything was immaculate. I did not wash the doggies so they looked perfect and smelled better. AND I did not stress over any of it! But what I did do...

Was make the dining room a little bit more... festive?
I did re-make up the guest room so it was perfect for Mom.
I did trick out the front porch.
I did move my office to the garage & reclaim the dining room for a dining room.
We both cleaned the house.
I did use the good china and just 1 set of the silver S&P shakers (unpolished).
I did cook all day (just like everyone else).
And I did leave dishes to do tomorrow!
The table gets set!
The table gets filled up...
The food gets eaten, the table gets cleared...
The happy campers kick back and decide on which sales need to get hit first thing in the crack of dawn shopping frenzy...
So it was a pretty good day all around this house, a damn fine day!
Best thing; part of the dinner was grown right here by us this year...
Worst thing; Pam & Don brought a lemon meringue pie (A Kevbear Fav) and there is none left!
Time to join the Grumpyisorious and get to bed, and no I am not going hog wild shopping tomorrow, we are having a lean Christmas and I am only getting very practical gifts. Night all...

No comments: