Monday, November 19, 2007

Couponology

Today I took an apprentice to the grocery store to teach her how to shop with coupons. When you try to explain it folks just don't grasp all the ins & outs compared to in the store training. So first I went thru the coupons to match up the big ticket items...
And then went over all the ads for this week to see what we needed for Turkey Day. Please know that we only buy what we use and it has to be a good deal too. The secret is our Albertsons takes everyone elses coupons; Safeway, Fred Meyers, Thriftway, Sentry, Ray's, plus their own! So you match up a store coupon, add a manufacturers coupon, put a double coupon with it and some stuff comes out free! Todays biggy was a 15lb ham for 39 cents. This time of year you can get some great deals... here are the biggy coupons used today...

$37.00 off on just three of these. So I took the rookie and her kids for their very first coupon adventure. Since she was just laid off by my old company it was something she really needed to learn. Her total was $95.00... take off $40.00 in coupons and she spent $55.00... not bad for a newbie!

I (of course) am the King Of Coupons so my total was $214.00... take off my (drum roll here) $153.00 in coupons and my total cash outlay was $61.00. Not too shabby...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! I think you should get paid for it, or maybe have a class on it.

Anonymous said...

WHAT HAPPENED TO WESTY WEDNESDAY? HOW SOON WE FORGET! D&P

High Desert Living said...

Sign me up for the lessons! I think it's grand when I save 10 bucks!
Happy turkey day, K and R and kids.cusmnf